The best Paraplanners want to work in the best Financial Planning firms- are you ready to make your move?
Capital Asset Management are currently recruiting for the role of a paraplanner to join our award-winning private client financial planning team.
We are well known in the financial planning sector and have a reputation for being a leading-edge firm at the forefront of financial planning. The list of awards we have collected over the years is testament to our success to date, but we don’t intend to rest on our laurels and have detailed plans to grow the firm, innovate and be amongst the real winners in the new financial services landscape. We plan to do that by hiring the very best talent available, ensuring that our clients’ interests are always placed at the heart of all we do – and by daring to do things differently.
Our workforce is very stable and therefore opportunities to join us are rare – however, we now have an opening and are seeking an outstanding individual to join our team at our fabulous office in the City of London.
We will hire based as much on culture, values and attitude – as qualifications and experience. You will need to be bright and with good attention to detail, personable and a real team player. Evidence of self-development and personal interests will be good indicators for us when compiling a short-list.
Actual hands-on experience of supporting financial planners and dealing with wealthy and affluent clients will be a bonus. We expect Level 4 as the minimum qualification but Level 6 would be ideal. Practical regular use of Voyant or Truth, FinaMetrica and Intelligent Office/Iress will help – or you could be a skilled and quick learner, we are truly open-minded if your attitude is right.
What the job entails
As a Paraplanner you will support one of the firm’s Financial Planners, creating and compiling quality financial planning reports and conducting research on financial strategies, plans and products.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Support the Financial Planner in research and analysis to meet client needs and objectives
- Preparation of client financial plans and suitability reports
- Develop and maintain internal relationships
- Meet agreed targets
- Manage the presentation of technical data for the Financial Planner
- Prepare documentation to be held on file or included within reports, as applicable, to support the recommendation and justify the provider and product recommended
- Promote the profile of the business within the profession and wider communities
- Complete Continuous Professional Development to meet regulatory requirements and personal development needs
- Attend client meetings with Financial Planners, presenting cashflow scenarios, technical or other themes as required
Qualities, Skills & Attributes
- Proven experience in a paraplanning or a technical role gained within an advisory practice
- Qualified to a minimum of diploma standard or working towards chartered.
- Overall knowledge of key areas of financial planning and advice – including investment planning, pre/at retirement planning, personal and business protection; and estate planning
- The ability to understand and interpret a cash flow forecast and summarise the key points
- The ability to calculate figures and compile data
- An understanding of writing styles, grammar, punctuation, avoidance of jargon and an understanding of the audience
- The ability to interpret complex planning into clear and concise reports
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Understand and apply FCA suitability requirements
- Competitive salary
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday holiday & long service holidays
- Paid volunteering day
- Group Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care Scheme
Competitive and negotiable depending on experience.
How to apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject heading – Apr20Paraplanner-YOURNAME.