Planning for a brighter family future.
Nick and Sarah.
“I guess the financial crisis led me to re-appraising my career and lifestyle – the work hours were getting even longer and I was missing a lot of time with the kids. I had an idea for a start up business, but it would mean a big pay cut…at least in the early years.
I had a long list of things that worried me – I called them the ‘3am issues’!
- What is the best way to manage my share options that will vest over the next few years, and mitigate taxation?
- How should I save some of the significant excess income after all our monthly bills are paid, and what are the costs?
- I’m confused by much of the information I keep receiving about my firm’s pension scheme. Really I need it explaining to me.
- Would Sarah and kids be ok financially if the worst happened and I became seriously ill or fell under the proverbial bus?
- I would like to put some funds aside to help my kids on the property ladder when they are older, but what’s the best way to do this? A friend says he has set up a trust – should we do this?
Although I was too busy to actually lose much sleep, I knew I needed to find a trusted ally who could help me. So, for the first time ever I decided to seek out some high-quality impartial advice on my own finances.
Working in the city I was very cynical about financial advisers, but my father had been using the team at Capital Asset Management and suggested I try them too.
Sarah and I met with one of their advisors, Nicola. After a comprehensive, and extremely helpful, independent overview of our financial affairs using their FutureMapTM system, we modelled a number of different scenarios – everything from my work, to relocating, downsizing our property, even moving abroad – and together developed a lifestyle plan.
She considered all the ‘what ifs’, helping me reduce my forthcoming tax bill significantly in the process! We now have a plan for the first time, and feel much more in control of our financial life. We meet up with Nicola regularly to update the plan and make sure we remain on track to achieve our goals.”